Monday, April 5, 2010

Shooting the re-makes of the photgraphs

This blog includes some of the process shots in the re-making of Edwin Haynes' pieces.

The plaque outside of University College on University of Toronto campus where the Newel post was rumored to be.

Wide angle of University College on University of Toronto campus


My Father standing at the top of the staircase above the Newel Post after we had located it


My Father standing in Stouffville, Ontario comparing the main stretch of Main street as well as helping me deduce the angle at which to capture the re-make

Surprise discovery on the main stretch of Stouffville, Ontario. In the clock tower that appears in the original Haynes photograph I came across a plaque commemorating those who donated to the re-building of the town's clock tower. Two significant to my family appear engraved in the stone Mrs. H. Hodgson who is related directly to my blood line and three above that you can see one Ambrose Stover who was Edwin Haynes' Father in law. This was a fantastic family find!


My Father posing for the re-make of Edwin's self-portrait. We have dressed him similar to what Edwin appears in as well against a background that comes close to that in which appears in the original.


My Father working as a camera assistant in the set up of the studio photograph of Edwin's personal effects that we still have today in our family's possession



The final copies of these re-made images are found within the tangible album component of this project.

No comments: